Acuity Scheduling, a division within Squarespace, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative engineering team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Acuity Scheduling application & its long-term vision.
Acuity Scheduling is loved by tens of thousands of businesses who schedule millions of appointments. We've thrived for over a decade by understanding our customers & thinking creatively about technical ways to solve their needs. We are looking for someone who cares more about technology as a way to support our customers than an end in itself. You will report to a Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- You will develop new features for Acuity Scheduling, a PHP & React.js application, with a focus on backend or full-stack code contributions & system designs
- Collaborate with teammates, & product, design, analytics, & customer operations to understand why we build the features we do
- Help the team improve the existing codebase by promoting thoughtful design patterns & testing habits
- Monitor releases & communicate new changes to customers & customer support
- Scale & improve the performance of the application & database
- Participate in team & departmental meetings to support & intimately understand our customers, & advocate for their success
- Contribute to team processes & mentor peers as we continue to grow
- Manage engineering workstreams to accelerate our velocity, supporting stakeholders along the way.
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of Java or other object-oriented language application development or PHP development experience, preferribly on large-scale systems with asynchronous eventing
- 2+ years of experience using relational databases, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices
- A sincere commitment to creating readable code & a desire to write clear & practical technical documentation
- A degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $113,000 - $201,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.