OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. We are growing rapidly & looking for talented people to join our diverse team.
Our vision is to modernize & democratize app development & distribution in the finance space. Were enabling the financial desktop to have a simple & intuitive experience that is more like our phones, & were enabling developers to distribute their apps to end-users without the traditional barriers that have hampered innovation in the finance space. If youre someone who loves working with the latest technologies & passionate about changing the way people work, OpenFin is the ideal place for you to shine.
OpenFin provides an operating environment that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on top of Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to build, deploy, & run more than 1200 mission-critical apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
OpenFins QA team is seeking an individual with technical expertise & quality assurance know-how to transform OpenFins testing infrastructure. As part of the team youll partner with our engineers to build & maintain a testing suite that ensures stability, durability & efficiency across all our products. In this role, you will have the ability to influence decisions & drive the direction of OpenFins Quality Assurance.
As a QA Automation Engineer you will:
- Frame & implement a quality test infrastructure across OpenFins product offerings including front-end, back-end, api & integration layers
- Develop & maintain manual & automated tests for OpenFin software
- Contribute to a quality engineering practice that thrives in finding problems before our users do & that finds innovative ways to break systems
- Form cross-functional partnerships with engineers & product managers to identify production quality solutions to improve scalability & resilience
- Collaborate across teams to review new application features & devise appropriate automated or manual testing strategies
- Test & approve release candidates for all OpenFin products
- Establish environments that most closely replicate an OpenFins customer setup
Were looking for colleagues with:
- Excellent knowledge in building & maintaining automated test harnesses
- Experience with Windows & Mac desktop applications & web front-end testing
- Prior experience in building scalable testing infrastructure for web based applications & transforming quality assurance teams towards automation
- Passion for understanding browser, web technologies, & desktop compiled languages
- Quality first mindset, reliable self starter, solutions-oriented individual with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to needs of various stakeholders & re-prioritize tasks as necessary in a shifting environment
- Excellent analytical thinking, oral & written communication skills with agile ability to influence peers
- 10+ years experience, with 7+ years of experience focused on quality assurance for highly critical consumer driven platforms
Life at OpenFin:
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our office & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.
- Experienced, dedicated, & hands-on managers who will prioritize you & your team's growth
- A highly collaborative development process that values both team players & independent learners
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance plans
- Health & Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) administration & Equity Options for employees
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy