Squarespace is looking for a Security Engineer to partner with our engineering teams to promote infrastructure security, & work on projects that enable a higher level of security across the Squarespace Platform. This role is based in our NYC office & reports to our Security Engineering Manager.
- Partner with various teams to bring standard methodologies to our infrastructure, products, & services
- Design, deploy, manage, & improve critical security infrastructure services & tools for secrets management, endpoint protection, VPN, logging, detection, etc.
- Improve security across all aspects of Squarespaces infrastructure by hardening & configuring relevant services & features
- Analyze, design, & implement Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) systems
- Engineer & deploy secure solutions for container & container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Work closely with the infrastructure & product teams who are moving to the cloud & ensure that they have secure-by-default systems
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python, Go, Bash, or Java)
- Proficient knowledge & experience in network & web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP & BGP)
- Proficient knowledge & experience working with Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience in cloud environments (GCP preferred) & Linux containers & orchestration systems (Kubernetes preferred)
- Expertise in with DevOps technologies such as Anisble, Bamboo, Drone, or Jenkins
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, or GCP Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Experience protecting against & mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Experience with IaaS & PaaS deployments, connectivity, network security, virtualization & compute
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.