Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single persons daily commute to reducing humanitys collective environmental footprint weve got huge goals.
As our first Site Reliability Engineer at Via, youll join our dedicated Support Operations team in the US in their mission to promote the most reliable tech in Transit. This role will include troubleshooting across service & infrastructure outages, doing root cause analysis for those outages, & performing actions to mitigate the incident. This team is crucial to the long-term success of our partners, & the impactful services they operate.
What You'll Do:
- Pursue active support for our partner services in outage scenarios, utilizing both documented process, & live problem-solving to restore service.
- Gain a deep understanding of our technology & backend infrastructure.
- Operate independently & with the broader Support Operations team to solve immediate & impactful challenges.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders internally & our partners externally to document outages & communicate solutions.
- Assist in building support processes for scale & quality.
Who You Are:
- A fast-learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines & methods.
- A self-starter who can operate independently in ambiguous challenges.
- 2-5 years of experience in working & troubleshooting production workloads.
- 2-5 years of experience in Linux, AWS Cloud, & Networking basics (OSI layers, debugging, & troubleshooting general networking issues).
- Scripting skills with tools such as Python or Bash.
- Experience with any of the following tools & builds is a plus: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Newrelic, Datadog, Gitlab, Github actions, Jenkins.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidates experience, knowledge, & skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $85,000 - $110,000 per year
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace. If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?