Were looking for an Associate Creative to join Thrillist, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Thrillist team, youll create original stories through video footage in unique & innovative ways. The position offers a unique opportunity for creatives to produce original content that propels the brand aesthetic on Snapchat Discover & emerging platforms, all while infusing it with their own personal touch.
This role liaises closely with the entire Snapchat Discover team to remain on brand & will collaborate with the expanded Thrillist Video Team when the editorial teams produce content around a special event.
The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about digital media for the modern era, particularly the GenZ & Millennial audiences, food & travel content, & is a highly skilled video producer with editing experience.
This position reports to the Director, Social Creative. Please send your resume, cover letter & portfolio with this application.
The Associate Video Producer/Editor, Special Platforms will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHO WE ARE
Thrillist celebrates life at the intersection of culture & experience, inspiring people to pursue spontaneity through food, drink, & travel.
Thrillist is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Pitch & produce innovative ways to tell stories across social platforms using video, text & images
- Work in tandem with the creative team & video editors to make sure files are prepared & exported correctly
- Source UGC content for Snapchat & TikTok & manage communication & tracking of all licensed videos
- Proofread & test final Snapchat layouts before loading to CMS
- Provide creative for TikTok, Google Stories, any additional special platforms as needed
- Iterate on new video series & franchises for all special platforms
- Contribute weekly in pitch meetings
- Ensuring all of our databases are up to date
- Fully own new video ideas for Snapchat from ideation through production
- Think outside the box with every video that is produced & passionate about the stories youre telling
- Successfully collaborate with Editorial & Video Teams on new Snapchat video initiatives
- Organization, consistency & excellent time management
WHO YOU ARE
- Endless curiosity
- A passion for working collaboratively but also able to own your individual voice & ideas
- Minimum of 1 year experience in video & social media production
- Experience producing video in fast-paced, social media - driven environments.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally, attention to detail, a passion for following cultural trends.
- Experience as on screen talent is a plus
- Experience working in a studio environment & in the field is a plus
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat & see if you could be a great addition to our team. Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is remote. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
This role is a part of the Thrillist Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.