Appian is seeking an Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our growing organization. In this role you will be supporting strategic business units including our Engineering & Information Technology groups. Youll be a proactive mid-level consultant & adviser on all things talent strategy.
Our HRBPs are intertwined in understanding the buzz of the organization, while also being able to take a strategic view of where we need to be with our talent & how to get there. Specifically, you can expect to manage day-to-day issues, such as: employee relations, compensation & promotion decisions, & driving the agenda for longer-range talent priorities. Our team is based in McLean, Virginia, with additional global offices.
*Targeting candidates in the DMV area who are comfortable coming into the office on a flexible, hybrid schedule (3 days a week).
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Help to develop, engage & retain a diverse, top-tier talent group
- Prepare reports of the findings, present findings to specific audiences, & make recommendations to address root cause issues
- Advise employees & people managers on topics such as workforce shaping, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, development plans, reorganizations, & employee engagement surveys
- Coach managers in effective & proactive people management initiatives such as leadership skills, training & development, organizational design, & performance concerns
- Work closely with leadership to develop career paths & talent mobility plans
- Understand & mitigate corporate risk associated with relevant employment laws/policies; Advise on leave topics such as ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Support the broader HR Business Partner community by partnering with other People Team groups including Learning, Compensation & Recruiting
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, & job re-leveling/re-alignment
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Over the last 4 years, Appian has been highly invested in building out a world-class HRBP function, & now has a global team of 3 HRBP Managers & 7 HRBPs, each focused on specific departments. Coming on board means that you will be an agent of change during this growth period. We'll provide you the resources necessary to become a strong leader within the areas you support.
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role or other strategic HR position
- Experience with employee relations issues & performance management
- Prior work in a tech environment, preferred
- Bachelors Degree
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change in the world.