Here at Tala, we are looking to hire a talented lawyer based out of our Manila office to help us manage legal operations in Southeast Asia. The Assistant Counsel will work on a variety of matters with other members of Talas global legal team, including corporate governance & compliance matters, commercial contracts & addressing the unique challenges that arise in a global, growing startup. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced & collaborative environment. In this challenging position, you will report to our Assistant General Counsel & work closely with our Manila-based business team.
The ideal Assistant Counsel candidate will have commercial law firm, in-house & FinTech experience & experience with handling a wide variety of commercial matters.
- Manage regulatory compliance, corporate governance & other compliance matters in the Philippines
- Stay up to date on relevant rules & regulations & work with the US Legal team to evaluate how they may affect Talas innovative & growing business
- Support contract negotiation & collaborate with business teams to develop effective relationships with partners, contractors & vendors
- Maintain our contract management system
- Work with our Associate General Counsel on other special projects
- Law degree
- RA 1080 BAR (BAR Passer)
- Three to four years of legal experience
- Experience in consumer finance & financial regulation
- Experience working on commercial contracts
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- In house legal experience, preferably at a FinTech or financial services company
- Experience working with US business partners
- Experience working at a startup
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation & were proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds & experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology & data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 2.5 million people have borrowed through Talas smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, & other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture & impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, & Lowercase Capital. Talas global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Mexico City, Mumbai, & Bangalore.