Were currently looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, & passionate Public Relations Associate to join our growing PR team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote & expected to be back in summer 2021!). If youre craving a creative communications role at a high-growth company, then read on: here, your autonomy & growth are prioritized, & well encourage you to share & execute on ideas that excite you.
Youll maintain flow of product news, promotion of sales events, & other business initiatives (like new store openings), with a particular focus on the regional level. Youll also provide logistical support on events & partnerships. As you grow with us, youll have the opportunity to learn & take on larger projects.
If youre a media enthusiast who spends your days immersed in ongoing news cycles, pop culture, & celebrity memes, then this role might just be perfect for you.
What youll do
- Support brand PR strategy with wide-ranging press outreach including print, broadcast, & online media; help to secure coverage by fulfilling sample, image, & interview requests
- Maintain a current database of media contacts, organized by medium, location, & news beat
- Leverage news & media savvy to secure product features in relevant media publications, with a focus on regional coverage
- Initiate drafting of core press materials needed to generate press coverage supporting brand announcements including key messaging, fact sheets, press releases, & creative pitches
- Support event production needs (regional & national) including coordination, product trafficking, vendor management + invoicing, budget management, briefing books, & staffing
Were looking for someone who has
- 1+ years of PR, communications, events, and/or marketing experience in a professional setting (internships count!)
- Strong media relationships in B2C
- Demonstrated history of securing tone-setting & compelling coverage
- Strong written, oral, & interpersonal skills. Can communicate professionally, effectively, & concisely with ease (grammar nerds very welcome)
- Excellent organizational skills & meticulous attention to detail
- A low-ego, kind, & empathetic demeanor
- Excellent time-management; a plus if youre energized by deadlines
- Adaptability: can quickly shift gears mid-flight + can adapt pitching to the publication
- A plus: event management and/or partnerships experience
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how weve done so far & where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.