BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits, & relationships. The Hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant & the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first & offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted & loved by over 7,000 restaurants worldwide including Union Square Hospitality Group, Eleven Madison Park, The Meatball Shop, Roses Luxury & more. Learn more at www.getbento.com.
The Payroll Specialist will have responsibility over payroll at BentoBox. Reporting to the People Operations Manager, this individual will be the primary admin for our payroll system called Traxpayroll. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee salary changes, compensations, deductions, bonus, vacations payouts, & all BentoBox employees.
- Own the collection, analysis & submission for all payroll in TRAXPayroll
- Partner with the Finance Team to ensure payroll accuracy for exempt & non-exempts employees
- Ensure getbento.com is registered to perform business in the states where employees are hired & in compliance with federal & state laws
- Own the payroll set-up for new hires to reflect all appropriate taxes & total benefits enrolled
- Manage all necessary pay requirements for terminated/exiting employees to adhere to state & federal requirements
- Assist in tax calculations & filing activities as per IRS regulations
- Maintain employee payroll records & timesheet data for future references
- Handle direct deposit requests, wage garnishments, & pay related data in our HRIS & payroll systems
- Analyze payroll issues & recommend corrective actions to People Operations & Finance teams
- Partner with People team when making adjustments in pay for raises, bonuses & commissions
- Respond to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner
Skills & Attributes
- 4+ years of experience managing payroll for over 150 employees
- Knowledge of state & federal employment laws & regulations, specifically relating to payroll & cash/non-cash compensation
- Has a great command in taxation & accounting
- Impeccable organizational & documentation skills
- Great communication skills, a high degree of integrity, & a positive attitude as pay is an important factor in employee satisfaction
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, & vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance & disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating & preserving a culture of diversity, equity, & inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.