ABOUT THE ROLE AND TEAM
theSkimms video team is a creative, collaborative group of producers & editors from both traditional & new media backgrounds. They maintain the highest standards for journalism & integrity in storytelling, while producing distinct content for theSkimms unique voice & brand. As we grow, were looking for an Associate Producer who will be charged with editorial approach & technical execution for video initiatives. Reporting to theSkimms Senior Director of Video, youll collaborate cross functionally with internal teams, including Social, Editorial, Design, Sales, & Marketing to ensure optimal process from pre to post production on all future video projects.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Support the video team in all aspects of the production process such as researching, booking, hiring crews & editors, fact checking, pulling stock imagines etc
- Produce, shoot, direct & edit assigned videos specifically in Reels/ Tik Tok Style
- Track production schedules & assets, ensuring that established deadlines are met.
- Pitch ideas during team brainstorming sessions (i.e. shoot concepts, key art, digital/social, show titles etc.)
- Write videos captions & create thumbnail art
- Assist in building web articles & maintaining video presence on theskimm.com
- Manage video library & data collection.
- Manage all re-posts
- Experiment with new video features on social platforms to drive growth
- Support distribution & optimization for video on social platforms
- Assist in video budget management & contract organization
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of video production experience
- Strong knowledge of social media trends, news, pop culture, celebrity, & current events
- Skilled creative writer who can conceive, script & execute an idea
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced production environment with quick turnarounds
- Editing on Premiere & iPhone, shooting on a camera as well as iPhone
- Understanding of basic production both in studio & in the field: lighting, cameras, direction
- Strong knowledge of the digital landscape & what performs well on social media.
- A strong grasp of news cycle with highest understanding of journalistic standards, research, & fact-checking
- Excellent writer with ability to write in the voice of the brand
- Meticulous organization & attention to detail
- Understanding of data & analytics on social media.
- Passionate about theSkimm & its mission
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.