FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role:
Regulatory EngagementTheRetail Regulatory Compliance Manager will be the first-line point of contact on a day-to-day basis for stategamingregulators as well as the companys external partners in states where we operate in retail locations. Developing trust, communication & an effective working relationship with all regulatory contacts will be paramount.
Policies & ProceduresTheRetail Regulatory Compliance Manager will develop, refine, train on & test appropriate policies, procedures & job aids that, when effectuated, will enable the company to maintaina compliant, market-leading Retail Sportsbook product. The Retail Regulatory Compliance Manager will own a Retail locationscompliance environmentfrom the launch of that property throughoutits existence.
Activity MonitoringTheRetailRegulatoryComplianceManager willmonitorcustomer andsystemactivity,conduct diligenceas needed,and willescalate, dispositionand report onrelevantcustomer play concernsas required byrelevantfederal andstate law, regulations, directives from regulatory agencies, andotherobligations.
Other Stakeholder EngagementTheRetail Regulatory Compliance Manager will be responsible for actively partnering & managing relationships with our internal retail business team as well as with our Market Access Partners & all other stakeholders involved in our Retail business. The Retail Regulatory Compliance Manager will help define roles & responsibilities of the regulatory compliance personnel at each venue & will design processes & tracking mechanisms to allow for successful execution of these roles & responsibilities.
What you'll doworking under the direction of the Legal department:
- Design & manage an effective retail regulatory programthat meets obligations set by the relevant authorities with aparticular focuson AML legislation & regulation (FATF, US Federal & state AML/CTF Online Gaming requirements)
- Design, manage & continually refineSOPs,reports & reportingthat enables effective monitoring of day-to-dayproduct activities.
- Build & implement new employee & annual training programs for Retail staff
- Monitor product activity to detectissues requiring further review & escalation.
- Respond to issues that arise by conducting diligence andresolve, report & document such issues to the satisfaction of stakeholders including, but not limited to local market access partners & applicable regulators.
- Develop, implementand maintain up-to-dategovernance,policies,procedures, internal controlsand trainingthat enablethe companytoeffectivelymeetregulatory requirementsand periodically reexamine SOPs to make surethat physical practice is aligned with documented practice
- Develop, implement, & maintain testing protocol for effectiveness of relevant policies, procedures & processes.
- Analyze & report on specific areas within Regulatory Compliance & Responsible Gambling to the local market access partner, the VP of Regulatory & Compliance, Group Teams in the UK & Ireland, & to the relevant state authorities.
- Respond to requests from internal & external auditors relating to regulatory compliance processes, procedures & policies.
- Act as a point of contact for escalations for customer facing teams.
- Monitor potential impact of upcoming changes to FanDuel products on regulatory compliance & partner with internal stakeholders to appropriately address any necessary responses.
- Track & implement recommendations fromFanDuelsRisk Committee.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments.
- Maintain record retention processes for effective & compliant record retention.
- Complete other regulatorycompliance tasks assigned by management.
Who we're lookingfor
- 3+ years successfulexperienceinan analyticaland detail-orientedrolepreferably includingextraction, analysisand interpretation of data relating to management reports
- Travel flexibility: Role will require significant on-the-ground engagement with new retail locations before & during launch as well as quarterly site audits & other monitoring & training visits as necessary
- Sound & tested experience exercising judgmentincludingcommunication, relationships andtheaccurate presentation of materialsrequired of high-stakes engagements.
- Bachelors Degree (J.D. a plus, but this is not a role involving the practice of law)
- Experience engaging directly with federal or state regulators,SROsor comparable
- Internal control, internal audit or compliance experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Extensive relevant post-qualification experience
- Ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced & changing environment
- Understanding of business priorities & ability to work to them
- Attention to detail & an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently & out of comfort zone
- High level of personal initiative & motivation
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills
- Professional, honest & reliable
- Customer service experience
- Ability to identify weaknesses in procedures & controls, & recommend improvements to those weaknesses through audit or comparable processes
- Ability to translate technology specifications to operational implications & alignment of controls to same
- Experience with AML/BSA & other Due Diligence frameworks, requirements & processes
- Developing & implementing effective training modules
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Proactive & forward thinking
- Preferred major in management, business, legal or technical
- Technical competencies in Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point as well as interest in designingprocess tools (such as SharePoint sites)
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team!
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare & value creation share plan
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuelmeansthat we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.