Green Chef is the leading & first certified organic company in the meal kit space in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018 Green Chef & Hello Fresh partnered to become the worlds largest meal kit company. Together, we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction & meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, & the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans
TheLead Facilities techniciancoordinates activities ofand provides coaching & guidance toworkersin the maintenanceteam. TheLead technicianworksalongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity.This position is under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, & willbe responsible for performing duties to schedule, repair, & maintain machinery, equipment, building & facilities requiring a broad knowledge of maintenance skills.TheLead technician is also responsible for assigning work orders & auditing completed work of the Maintenance Mechanics & Helpers.The Lead is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well asadherence to PPE/hygienepolicies,in cooperation with the supervisor. The Lead is required to be certified in operatingall material handling equipment as needed by location.
- Coordinating the scheduling of maintenance personnel for optimal day-to-day operational needs & plant shutdowns.
- Install, repair, rebuild, adjust & maintain machinery & equipment used in production which may also involve the dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation & relocation of existing machines & equipment.
- Work with Facilities Operations to complete special projects determined by management.
- On-call position & will be required to take calls from mechanics 24/7, as needed.
- Coordinates lock-out tag-out policy for entire plant.
- Compiles data from shift inspections for documentation purposes.
- Trains new & current employees, as needed.
- Responsible for making sure the preventive maintenance program is being followed by maintenance team on their shift.
- Leadership & fostering team cooperationfor a large group of employees
- Experience in HVAC & Refrigeration a must.
- Results Drivenand detail oriented
- Time Management: maintaining momentum & keeping employees on task to meet goals & deadlines
- Basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office & Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas & thoughts clearly & with tact & diplomacy.
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work & resolving problems. The Lead technicians performance is evaluated by their leadership of the quality employees, productivity & prioritization of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, & ability to guide employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. Shift can either be Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday. Hours worked are usually 7am to 5:30pm. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon production needs.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience & technical expertise in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical & electrical drive/control systems relating to production & facilities equipment maintenance
- Experience with preventative & predictive maintenance programs
- Strong mechanical/electrical DWG interpretation skills used to trouble-shoot equipment is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) & Google
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision & have good organizational skills
- Having an understanding and/or be willing to learn Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to work required shift, meet attendance requirements, & work overtime when required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.