View All Jobs
Do you thrive in the intersection of developing an elegant UX coupled with industry-defining technology? Does the concept of improving the lives of millions of Americans by introducing novel technology to an industry brimming with potential spark excitement? Then youd be right at home leading our newly-formed Shopping & Checkout experience team in the Product organization at Updater!
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once & everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, & were growing quickly.
Updaters Product Team is defining the modern way to move by creating a delightful, frictionless experience to help households quickly & seamlessly take care of their moving-related tasks all in one app! Our Shopping & Checkout experience team is laser-focused on building the best digital purchasing experience for all major moving-related tasks from finding & booking a local moving company, to setting up your internet & utilities all in one place!
Were looking for a seasoned product leader to spearhead our effort to dramatically improve the Shopping & Checkout Experience for our users. Millions of Americans today spend countless hours trying to find, evaluate, & shop for products & services related to their move. Many of these shopping experiences involve googling local businesses, sifting through reviews, & sitting on hold on the phone waiting for a business to address their needs. Updater has flipped the entire moving process on its head by introducing an application that allows households to complete these tasks digitally & were looking to you to take our experiences to the next level!
About the Role
- Hire & lead a team of world-class Product Managers & Technical Product Managers to build cutting-edge solutions, saving movers valuable time, money, & energy in knocking out some of the most time-intensive tasks associated with their Mover Journey.
- Develop & maintain a deep understanding of the ways we can deliver value to our Movers & craft the product strategy to solve for their pain-points with a delightful, modern experience that enables users to shop for & purchase essential services & moving-related products directly in our Mover App!
- Have a direct & substantial impact on the performance of key company metrics, be a thought-leader & crucial foundational member of the Product team, & play a huge role in significantly improving the lives of millions of Americans each year.
Youre a hands-on leader in the Product space who has extensive experience building & leading customer-obsessed B2C product teams, with an emphasis on conversion rate optimization & business partner product integrations. An ability & desire to interact & communicate effectively with both technology & business team members is critical to the success of this position. Were looking for someone with:
- Empathy: you see the product through the eyes of your users & have a unique ability to deeply understand their needs & craft unique solutions that delight users through the simplicity & elegance of the UX
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfort with Ambiguity: you have demonstrated experience thinking big to introduce -- & successfully build -- novel, industry-defining experiences
- 7+ years experience designing, building, launching, & optimizing B2C product buyflows at leading Consumer Internet companies
- 5+ years experience in experimentation-driven product development (A/B & hypothesis testing)
- 5+ years experience in designing & building APIs to power buyflow transactions and/or deliver seamless integrations with business partner products
- 3+ years managing or mentoring teams of product managers
- Strong experience in building products with world-class UI/UX
- Strong experience with user research
- Ability to manage & execute multiple complex product roadmaps
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.