Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in invoice processing, accounting processes, and financial data tagging. You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What Youll Do:
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, enter & code bills in the ERP, and/or our AP system Tipalti.
- Communicate with vendors & business owners to resolve any inquiries or discrepancies
- Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms & vendor payment set-up
- Initiate bill payments via our AP system, ACH, check, wire, & credit card in compliance with the Companys policies & procedures
- Be an administrator of the Companys third party expense platforms, Tipalti, Expensify & Teampay (and any future systems), including the review of employee expense reports & submissions to ensure adherence to Company policy & accuracy over coding
- Monthly reconciliation of bank & credit card accounts
- Facilitate vendor spend reporting & provide analysis as requested by FP&A & business owners
- Help support the accounting team with administrative tasks associated with filings, billings & other tasks
- Maintain process documentation & look for opportunities to automate & improve daily accounting processes
- Provide support with audits, special inquiries, projects & ad-hoc analysis
Who You Are:
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience; internship or contract experience is considered
- Ability to apply basic logic & generally accepted accounting principles to your work
- Respect for data privacy, including but not limited to vendor & employee information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational & time management skills
- Competency in MS Suite, databases, & accounting software (experience with Netsuite, MS365, Expensify, Teampay & Tipalti a plus)
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.