Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a software engineer who will join Visa's Application Operation Products team responsible for developing complex solutions & design, implement, maintain enterprise software for key applications used by Visa's Operations & Infrastructure team.
This position is ideal for a SW engineer experience candidate who is passionate about solving challenging business problems & building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Application Operation product development team focusing on design & build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activitiesincluding POCs, design, documentation, development & test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Masters in computer Science with 2 or more years of experience or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with3 or more years of experience
- ITSM Process experience (e.g. Change Management, Incident Management etc.)
- Good working knowledge with Databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL etc.)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience with enterprise toolslike
- Process or workflow automation software (e.g. Resolve / HPOO / BAO / Activiti etc.)
- Event Management Solutions e.g. IBM Netcool
- Log management tools e.g. Splunk, ELK (Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana)
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON & XML is helpful.
- Working knowledge of IT management protocols such as ICMP, SNMP, WMI, syslog-ng, SSH, etc
- Working experience with ITSM Tools (e.g. Service Now, BMC Remedy etc.)
- Previous use of GIT or Subversion for code management & versioning.
- Development of RESTful APIs, a huge plus.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts, IP routing, access-lists, layer 2 switching
- Linux familiarity & experience working in a shell environment.
- Familiarity with Network, Systems & Infrastructure Management concepts, for example FCAPS model is good to have.
- Highly driven & Resourceful
- Strong ability to Collaborate
- Understand E2E implementation & architecture of products/apps in production to optimize & ensure efficiency
- Working closely with development, engineering & operation teams, jointly develop key deliverables ensuring production scalability & stability
- Able to help & Guide L1 support engineers to fix day-to-day Operational issues
- Perform Tuning & Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Evaluate & introduce technology tools & processes that enable Visa to develop products & solutions, to embrace business opportunities and/or improve operational efficiency
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation
- Work with Architecture & Development teams to understand usage patterns & work load requirements of new projects in order to ensure the application platform can effectively meet performance requirements & service levels of applications
- Develop & enhance platform best practices & educate other developers on best practices
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.