Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
As an Oscar Engineer, youll join a tight knit, passionate team, designing & building Oscar's next generation of feature rich scalable infrastructure for building, testing & monitoring systems & services. Youll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, & scalability across services or clients.
We take pride in our small teams (engineers <= 5), our efforts (deploys > 100/day), & our ambition (deployment frequency == everyday).
You will report into our Engineering leader in our New York City office.
What were doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- APM: Implement a holistic solution for application performance monitoring across the Oscar technology stack, ensuring engineering teams have the metrics they need to anticipate & catch issues
- CD: Help drive new technology & procedures which enable Oscar to grow from continuous integration to continuously delivering software to our customers
- Next Gen Build Tooling: Upgrade & enhance build tooling to level up our engineers abilities to build world class software at a high velocity without sacrificing reliability
- Become an expert on your team's business & technical domains.
- Assist with the planning, execution & release of complex technical projects.
- Work with partners, product managers, & designers to solve challenging problems.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve technology & apply best practices.
- Implement step-wise technical migrations of our existing services & applications.
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You are a self starter- you like being self led
- Youre willing & able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isnt!
- You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, & scalable distributed software systems.
- You have at least 4+ years of professional work experience.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
Here is more information on who we are.
Oscar Tech Blog
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.