Are you a process-driven problem solver who loves checking items off your to-do list? Do you thrive on turning inefficiencies into seamless processes? Does making complex tasks efficient & intuitive energize you? Do you seek to help scale solutions that aim to delight & empower clients?
Betterment for Business, Betterments 401(k) product, is seeking a detail-oriented operations associate with a passion for 401(k). This role is part of the Operations team within Betterment for Business. This team is the go-to group for 401(k) operations & compliance & are keen on iteration & efficiency. You will be joining a group of individuals that empower each other to take ownership, lead the charge to create solutions that last & who motivate others to always keep the common goal in mind. For us, that goal is providing an exceptional experience to our 401(k) clients.
A Day in the Life:
- Play an integral role in the annual compliance testing season for 401(k) clients by learning the ins & outs of IRS provisions & meeting regulatory deadlines
- Review 401(k) plan documents & provide thoughtful design recommendations, & draft pre-approved plan documents
- Drive daily plan sponsor & participant-focused operations, including reviewing & processing key account transactions, assessing recordkeeping discrepancies & resolving plan sponsor or third-party administrator questions
- Collaborate with the Client Success & Servicing teams to provide a unified & delightful client experience
- Ensure adherence to current procedures & controls, & make recommendations to improve efficiency & scalability
- Use creative problem solving skills to tackle operational challenges, investigate why they happened, & collaborate with the engineering, product, & design teams to develop solutions
- Be an internal voice & champion for 401(k) processes to offer insights to Product, Design, & Engineering to help build a better product
What Were Looking For:
- Experience in 401(k) retirement industry (designations e.g. DC-1), financial services or related fields
- A detail-oriented mindset with excellent organizational skills
- Comfort handling multiple priorities at once & problem solving on the fly in a creative & holistic manner
- A proactive approach in reimagining existing processes to make them better
- Effective communication skills & experience working cross functionally with client facing teams or stakeholders
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency in both Google Suite & Microsoft Office
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.