IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title: Armed Security Specialist
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to: Vice President, Operations & Security
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly Wage)
Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 pm to 12 am
The Armed Security Specialist position is of key importance to the success of IAC as this is the first impression guests, clients, & potential clients have of the company. It is therefore imperative that a professional & courteous manner is always extended to all those who visit or call our facilities.
In keeping with the professional atmosphere of the office, the Armed Security Specialist is responsible for the physical security & protection of people on the grounds of the IAC building. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide armed security services in a professional manner; complying with all IAC security procedures, rules, & regulations
- Ability to handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people.
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures & respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
- Write detailed narrative reports & maintain daily activity reports
- Assist in threat assessments & crisis management program
- Responds to incidents, ensuring appropriate action is taken by staff, appropriate parties were notified, & After Action Reports are completed.
- Operate Fire Safety Command Station to make announcements & acknowledge alarms
- Be able to operate an active & demanding switchboard when needed.
- Greet & tend to all guests, messengers, & delivery services in a highly professional manner.
- Assist security staff on nights, weekends, & 3rd party special events if needed.
- Strong organizational skills, with an attention to detail & the ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize.
- While primarily assigned to respond to the above responsibilities, it is expected that, should the need arise, the Security Specialist will respond to armed threats & any real or perceived threats of violence.
- Complying with all procedures, rules, & regulations set forth by the Department head.
- Previous corporate security or similar experience a plus.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule, which may include daytime and/or nighttime shifts, plus overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Executive Protection, or Military required.
- A pleasant & positive attitude with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be adept at interacting with all levels of an organization, from administrative to senior executive staff.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, & Email.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must have & maintain an approved license to carry a concealed weapon in NYC.
- Must possess a valid NYS Armed Guard Security License.
- Must possess a valid 8-hour annual Firearms Training Course certificate.
- Must be willing to acquire an FDNY indoor place of assembly safety personnel certificate (Fire Guard License) & First Aid/CPR certifications.
- As a condition of continued employment, the employee must maintain the current active status of all required licenses & must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Applicant must pass the pre-screening process including a background investigation.
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Read, understand & clearly speak English; constantly use speech & hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving & receiving instructions, using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly during 3rd party events when needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Constant use of both hands & arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using the phone, notepad, writing reports, & other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public & co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, or heat.
- Constant mental alertness & attention to detail required while setting priorities & following up on assignments.
- Must be willing to follow the chain of command & established security procedures.
- Must be able to handle the pressure of working with a high volume general public (ranging from constant to occasional, depending on assignment).