Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for an expert in social media platforms, content strategy, growing engaged audiences, & engaging with audiences in an authentic way to lead our social media team & operations across social media & engagement-based content platforms. This position is for a candidate who is experienced & eager to both set a cross-platform strategy & roll up their sleeves to get it done.
- Lead the social media team. Oversee the day-to-day work of 4 Social Media Associates & 1 Social Media Manager. Maximize the teams impact across the company.
- Work with the VP & other department heads to identify & execute on growth opportunities.
- Be in all social platforms & tools each day scheduling, analyzing, responding to comments, & hopping on social trending topics as Cheddar. Lead your team by example.
- Proactively pursue new opportunities for collaboration between the social media team & other teams at Cheddar that grow our brand, & maximize the impact of all of our content.
- Grow & refine brand voice to engage audience on social platforms in a way that gets across the Cheddar personality, & grows user engagement.
- Create data-informed content schedules that maximize our contents impact.
- Work with team to create content specific to social platforms.
- Lean in to platform changes, proactively adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Evaluate new platforms, determine resource allocation based on impact on engagement & growth.
- 4-7 years of experience managing social media for media brands.
- Must have team management experience.
- Must have news & infotainment experience.
- Technical expertise of all major social platforms. Know how they work under the hood on both the organic & paid side.
- Record of growing engagement & followings in a leadership role on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.
- Bachelors degree, or an additional 4 years of related work experience.
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.