We are looking for a dynamic, driven product marketer to join the Marketing team at CB Insights to lead launch plans for new products & feature releases, positioning & messaging, competitive analysis, & sales enablement. This individual ensures that strategic & tactical activities align with product & business goals.
The PMM is metrics-driven with strong ownership, prioritizes effectively in a fast-moving environment, & communicates clearly & persuasively. This person is able to drive focus & excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in Marketing & Product Management, & with colleagues across the organization.
- Own user & buyer personas including key characteristics (i.e. firmographics, demographics, psychographics, etc.), pain points, needs & goals. Ensure the organization is trained on personas & how to use them.
- Develop compelling product positioning & messaging that resonates with our target personas & differentiates us in the market.
- Develop & own competitive battlecards by understanding the competitive landscape & becoming an expert on our competition & how they are positioned.
- Plan the launch of new products & feature releases & manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Develop & own marketing plans including the objectives, tactics & budgets that align with company goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, & report back to the business on required changes.
- Support Sales & Customer Success teams by training them on the problems we solve for our buyers & users & developing the tools & collateral to enable their success.
- Create & deliver thought leadership content (i.e. whitepapers, webinars, blogs, ebooks, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press & other third parties.
- Provide product & market expertise for events such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars & seminars.
- Conduct Win/Loss Analysis to understand & capture why recent evaluators of the product did or did not buy & what steps they took in the buying process.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive innovative marketing programs that are demonstrably impactful to the business, that drive device sales, develops the category, usage & satisfaction.
- 8+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience positioning & promoting new product, software & service offerings
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field
- Strong listening skills, & the ability to influence decisions & lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing & ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Extremely customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights & translating them into actionable product & marketing plans.
- Track record of successful product launches & proven ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment, adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic & hands-on.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!