Founded in 2010, CLEARs mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 10+ million members & hundreds of partners across the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, & more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, & we never sell member data.
We are looking for a talented & motivated Data Engineer to join our technology team to develop, maintain, & grow our Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence platform. Being a strongly data driven company, the continued effort to refine our understanding of our business is core to what we do. Our ideal candidate is passionate about data, databases, & SQL, & will utilize their drive & skills to make significant improvements to our overall data systems.
What You Will Do:
- Build out our data pipeline architecture, & optimize data flow & collection for cross functional teams. This includes designing & implementing a new scalable Data Platform & pipelines using modern data technologies
- Integrate data into our Data Warehouse from multiple sources at various time intervals to support the companys Business Intelligence & Reporting/Analytic requirements
- Help build & maintain our data model in the Data Warehouse, the Business Intelligence Platform, & integrations with source systems
- Work closely with both technical & non-technical/business teams to understand their data needs, & develop solutions to meet them
- Help evolve the implementation of the data warehouse & data integrations as requirements change
- Perform data validity, accuracy, & integrity tests across different components of the Data Platform to ensure high quality data
- Performance tuning/optimization, troubleshooting, & production support
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a Data Engineer in a Business Intelligence/Analytics environment
- You have outstanding SQL skills, & are well-versed in stored procedures, analytic/window functions, views, indexing, & other database features
- You have strong experience with various Database platforms including SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery & Snowflake
- You have experience with ETL/ELT processes & integrations with internal & external source & target systems.
- You have a strong understanding of data warehouse concepts & architecture, such as star/snowflake schema design; dimension & fact tables
- You can effectively balance short-term work (ad-hoc requests, system maintenance, tuning/optimization), with longer-term projects
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker (preferred) & Tableau
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the data in a business context
- Excellent analytic, process flow, problem solving, troubleshooting, & communication skills
- Scripting, automation, & integrations against APIs using languages such as python