Latch is seeking a SeniorHardware Reliability Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in consumer electronics design & manufacturing. They should be competent in statistical analysis, design of experiments, & process control methodologies. Starting out by taking ownership of product reliability plans & testing, the ideal candidate will grow into an expert-level role identifying opportunities to generate & use data to drive continuous improvement across multiple product lines. This role will work with our domestic design, international manufacturing, & product teams to define product requirements & ensure successful deployment.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create reliability specifications for first-of-their-kind consumer electronic products
- Define & drive system & component-level reliability tests to de-risk the product during NPI development
- Develop test automation tools for hardware validation using Python
- Use statistical analysis & modeling to perform reliability prediction of failure modes (JMP/Matlab/ Weibull Analysis)
- Work closely with the electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, & firmware engineering teams to design test plans
- Work with overseas CMs to ensure proper execution of test plans & function testing
- BS in ME, EE, or related engineering field
- 7+ years in hardware design or hardware testing
- Fundamental understanding of hardware reliability tests, root cause analysis, design of experiments, & statistics (Cp, CpK, distributions)
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, & interpersonal skills
- Experience with HALT/HAST
- Proficient in Python, MATLAB, or other programming languages for data analysis & hardware validation.
- Experience in reliability modeling & materials characterization
- Familiarity with FMEA, LSS tools, & lifetime prediction methods.
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.