VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to drive sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees & was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, & merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, & Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
Were rigorous about how we build our team, & the work we focus on. Were building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, & creative problem-solving.
What You Will Do:
The Performance Manager supports VaynerCommerce growth engagement teams on ensuring partner brands meet their growth goals, specifically in the performance acquisition channels. This role is highly cross-functional, internal & client teams to analyze & implement data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes for partner brands. The Performance Manager will get hands-on experience with launching & optimizing new & existing paid media campaigns on a range of platforms.
You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations, & communicating to stakeholders. You understand & appreciate the scientific method & also know when to adapt to changes quickly. You love telling a story with data & creating actionable insights. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data & financial results to create & advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities, & excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility & building relationships.
- Own the strategy, execution, & optimization of digital media across a number of clients
- Manage digital forecast P&L, reporting, communicating plans & results to key stakeholders
- Manage a seven-digit advertising budget & deliver to very strong ROAS expectations
- Lead, manage, & develop team of paid media buyers
- Provide recommendations & test new strategies
- Direct team on channel strategy & media buying across channels all managed channels
- Use data-driven methodology to test & optimize channels, continually optimizing every step of the funnel & driving towards higher efficiency
- Partner with our Creative team to ideate, develop & test new ad concepts that deliver on client goals
- Proactively identify & assess new channels to unlock opportunity to drive efficient spend
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree (or proof of high fluid intelligence)
- 6+ Years experience as a Media Planner/Buyer within an agency, entrepreneurial street cred and/or BA/BS degree (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance)
- Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, V-Look Ups, & macros
- Experience across buying/biddable platforms in any of the following:
- Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Amazon (AMS, Amazon DSP, AMG)
- Programmatic Display/Video (DV360, The Trade Desk, AppNexus, etc.)
- Publisher/Partner Direct
- Connected TV/OTT (Roku, Hulu, etc.)
- Digital Audio (Spotify, Pandora, etc.)
- Any Additional Experience in the following a plus:
- DOOH, Non-Linear TV
- Experience working with analytics, attribution & measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- You live for todays digital & mobile consumer, driven, & hungry to succeed, always looking to learn more.
- You want to have an impact & are passionate about the work you do.
- You are always looking to adopt new techniques & technologies that are relevant for clients media strategies.
- Proven ability to build quick & strong relationships with clients
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
- High EQ
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Be exceptional at productivity & communications software (i.e., Google - Docs, Keynote, CMSs, & whatever the next cool tool is)
- A constant curiosity to learn more
- Passionate about performance DTC marketing, & growth marketing in general
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company & drive immediate results