Were looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer who lives & breathes web development. In this role, you will be hands-on coding as well as think & document the best ways to implement code. At IX we hire world-class developers & engineers. Were very selective as to who we hire, but the ones that we do hire - they love it here.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Solid proficiency with client-side web languages, including:
- Vanilla JS / ES6;
- at least one ofAngular 2+, React, Vue, Ember, Meteor;
- at least one UI layout library;
- Advanced CSS & methodologies to structure it
- Deep understanding & hands-on experience with all aspects of developing end-to-end data-driven web applications. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, optimizing/refactoring & testing of:
- Cutting edge UIs
- RESTful APIs in any back-end technology (Node, MongoDB), GoLang exposure an asset
- Authentication & authorization mechanisms
- Automated testing platforms & unit tests
- Ability to produce modular, extensible, reusable, supportable, performant & testable code
- Open mind to new technologies; saying Angular is the best because you love it just wont fly here. We take a quantitative approach when selecting our tech, leaving personal biases aside
- General computer science knowledge such as algorithms, design patterns, software architecture, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Hands on development of brand new cutting-edge code as well as legacy code
- Mentor other developers by not necessarily giving them the answer, but by teaching them how to arrive at that answer themselves
- Enforce good code practices by doing code reviews
- Support your team by unit testing & documenting your code
- Deploy code to various environments (Test/UAT/Production)
- Analyze & estimate work in an agile environment
- Identify room for improvement in our engineering & non-engineering process
- Opportunity to speak at weekly engineering meetings
WHY YOULL LOVE WORKING HERE
Our Downtown Toronto office is an open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration. Catered lunches on Fridays, flex hours, a kitchen full of snacks & a relaxed dress code is the norm here. All employees also receive full healthcare benefits, RRSP matching, gym memberships, paid training, & regular social events with awesome swag.
At Index Exchange. we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, & ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. for those who show grit, passion, & humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.