VaynerMedia is a digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo & video production, & ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command the attention of their specific customers, whom we captivate with the highly targeted videos & content we develop. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, & Chattanooga, TN, we market for the year we live in, we live & breathe emerging technology & we are always growing.
We are currently looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Financial Operations department in New York.
Who are you?
Highly organized, highly motivated, goal & detail-oriented self-starter who is looking to jump in & embrace the Agencys Financial Operations team structure & responsibilities.
The task at hand:
- Work with the following Departments to understand business priorities & portfolio-specific financial needs: Financial Operations & cross-functional partnership with Shared Services (A/P & A/R), Accounting, Client Services & Project Management
- Liaison with the Shared Services (A/R) team, working closely with direct oversight to track the invoicing process using Netsuite (ERP), from invoice creation to ensuring Clients payments occur timely & accurately while maintaining a strong Client relationship
- Coordinate with Shared Services & Treasury to follow-up & analyze overdue A/R
- Responsible for preparing monthly revenue recognition, including coordination with Accounting as part of the monthly closing process
- Provide support to the Financial Operations Lead throughout the monthly close, including ensuring all monthly invoicing has been completed & tracked to support revenue recognition
- Responsible for Purchase Order (PO) approval
- Coordinate with Shared Services (A/P) to ensure payment has been made to our vendors & the relevant PO process has been followed
- Participate in project wrap meetings, when applicable, to provide context & ensure projects can be fully closed out (impacts revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable & WIP releases)
- Understand & review agency budgets & scope of works (SOWs) to ensure financial invoicing details & payment terms are accurate
- Ad hoc projects: budget analysis, agency costs, exposure to forecasting & staff cost tracking
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-4 years of work within an agency or business service environment in a Financial Operations, Client Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management skills, including the ability to multitask & prioritize tasks & responsibilities
- Experience with Netsuite (or a similar commercial ERP required)
- Experience with Adaptive Insights (or similar planning tools) considered a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel & Google Sheets (pivot tables & Vlookups will be your best friends).
- Strong ability to partner with cross-functional teams & address business concerns in a diplomatic fashion
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, & as part of a team while thriving in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive & representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, & behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, & location.
- Base Salary: $75,000 - $90,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits