Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Sales Manager is responsible for the training, direction & management of a team of Real Estate Customer Experience Analysts. The Real Estate Team is responsible for identifying ways to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless real estate agent interaction & providing customer support for home discovery.
The Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring the team achieves sales goals & metrics, & maintains compliance with Federal, State, Investor & Company guidelines & policies.
You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Plan, organize & implement sales programs & strategies to accomplish objectives
- Identify & develop new business sources within the market
- Build team strategy for capturing business from potential referral sources
- Train, develop & mentor staff to increase productivity
- Oversee the on-boarding process/experience for new sales team hires in the New York office
- Work closely with Mortgage team to ensure a high level of customer service
- Evaluate pipeline & productivity data to determine local market potential & make recommendation on business plan for the New York office
- Manage staff by providing goals, support, oversight, supervision & training
- You are a strong performer with at least 4 years of relevant experience in Sales
- You have managed sales reps for a minimum of 2 years
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to manage staff, lead team initiatives & work well in a group environment
- Knowledge of selling techniques & strategies
- Must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines & priorities without sacrificing performance
- The ideal candidate will have been instrumental in the management of a highly productive sales team, & has some background in or knowledge of the Real Estate space
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.