Manager; Marketplace Strategy, Operations & Enablement
About Walmart Us eCommerce
This is that Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is invested in finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping while working with talented people in an environment that values ingenuity & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One; its the ultimate innovators playground.
The Marketplace Strategy & Business Operations team is focused on enabling seller-facing business development & account management teams by developing a best-in-class strategy, tools & operational processes to accelerate partner growth & ensure that our customers have an optimal experience. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity of thought & adaptability.
Walmart Marketplace is seeking ambitious candidates, quick learners & strategic thinkers. A successful candidate is someone that thrives in a collaborative atmosphere, maintains a positive attitude & is results driven. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge & coordination with business development, account management, analytics, merchandising, product, marketing, finance, & technical teams, requiring superior communication skills.
We are looking for a driven individual to join our team; someone whos not afraid of ambiguity, with impeccable stakeholder skills, who can influence diverse personalities to drive positive outcomes collaboratively.
The Strategy & Operations Manager plays a critical role in fulfilling Walmarts long-term vision by enabling the development of a strong seller portfolio that delivers a best in class customer experience to Walmart shoppers. This candidate will be responsible for assisting in strategic development, content, reporting tools & processes to enable the Growth organization to deliver on goals & targets. This role requires a strategic & organized problem solver to drive results & accelerate success for sellers & customers alike.
- Influence & execute the strategy, operating plan & necessary supporting tools & processes to enable the Growth Team to deliver on priorities
- Continually analyze performance of the Growth Team to identify necessary shifts in strategy & work with your team & partners to implement proposed solutions accordingly to reach goals & expectations.
- Prioritize & develop processes to streamline the Growth Teams cross functional partnerships
- Schedule training/information sessions & maintain documentation to drive development of the Growth Team
- Outline necessary content, marketing collateral, & pitch decks for the Seller Marketing & Communications team to implement
- Intake & help define the reporting requests to track & analyze quantitative measures & work with the Retail Analytics team to implement
- Work cross-functionally within Walmart (product, engineering, marketing, operations) to establish alignment & drive the strategy
Functional Competencies Skills
- Problem-solving approach with attention to detail & strong follow-through
- Data analytics & business intelligence
- Strong understanding of Marketplace tools & processes
- Customer-first, positive, upbeat mind-set
- Strong Communicator (presentation, verbal)
- Detail Oriented
- Passion for the business & customers
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant & quantitative field and/or relevant work experience.
- 4 - 8 years of total work experience, preferably in retail & ecommerce
- Proficient in MS Office - Excel & PowerPoint; & comfortable building presentations to tell a clear story.