Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
We are building a Data platform that provides an enriched & valuable ecosystem of data sources & data services that drive innovation for internal & external systems. The Data Platform team is dedicated to developing advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning & Big Data), systems & services to make data secure, rich, high quality, & fast therefore enabling Guardant the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective & timely manner to maximize technology/business development in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape.
We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Scala along with Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Presto, Kafka, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
Data Acquisition: Utilizes expert coding skills to build real-time distributed & reliable data pipelines that ingest & process data at scale.
Data Validation / Accuracy: Develops quality checks to ensure data accuracy & integrity; recommends process improvements that enhance data integrity; ensures ongoing data integrity & performs skillful data validation.
Reporting / Analysis: Work independently with senior leaders to tackle complex problems by developing sophisticated, testable hypotheses; presents findings formally to diverse stakeholders & committees; meaningfully identifies opportunities for improvement that result in change.
Display / Visualization: Proficient with data visualization tools; develops visualization concepts; delivers excellent visual storytelling; solves complex technical challenges.
Clinical Data Expertise: Strong analytic resource in clinical subject areas with good understanding of the characteristics of data in sources including the EDW & the Data Lake.
The successful candidate will also possess:
- A Bachelor's degreein Computer Science or related area.
- Around 2 to 5 years of software development experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience on Big Data Platform.
- Excellent experience with programming languages such as Scala & Java.
- Strong experience coding with streaming/micro-batch compute frameworks, preferably Spark.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, data analysis & databases.
- Strong hands on skills in SOLR querying & Indexing, configuring schema, understanding in advanced schema fields, deciding commit strategies & tuning the relevancy of search results.
- Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle.
- Expertise in designing & building data warehouses in Big data systems, dimensional data models & strong hands-on SQL knowledge.
- Experience with application performance monitoring & assessment desired.
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data.
- Understanding of various Visualization platform (Tableau, D3JS, others).
- Possesses knowledge of healthcare including: Clinical terms & concepts is a plus
- Experience with managing data in regulated healthcare environment (HIPAA compliant) is a plus.
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices.
- Strong object-oriented design & analysis skills.
- Has a strong aesthetic sensibility that supports clear visual communication of quantitative information.
Top skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- Programming language - Java (required), Scala, Python, R
- Database - Oracle, complex SQL queries, performance tuning concepts, AWS RDS, Apache Presto, RedShift; NoSQL - HBASE, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Batch processing - Hadoop MapReduce, Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark, AWS EMR
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink, Kafka Streaming
- ETL Tools - Nifi
- Code/Build/Deployment -- GIT, SVN, Maven, SBT, Jenkins, Bamboo
You have strong knowledge & experience addressing a broad range of accounting matters, ensuring it is processed in compliance with established internal controls. You possess analytical skills needed to correctly grasp & communicate data, & analyze & reconcile accounts; ability to handle confidential & sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; & handle multiple deadlines.
You are a self-starter, work well as a team player, but can work independently when appropriate. You possess the ability to analyze problems & actively strategize to resolve them, pay attention to detail, & have excellent organization & communication skills. You are results oriented. You can juggle multiple tasks, work cross-functionally & at all levels of the organization, whether internally or externally. You are flexible & comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & can prioritize to focus on the important, not just the urgent.
We would like to talk with you about our exciting projects we currently have ongoing. Please seewww.guardanthealth.com/jobsfor more information & to apply.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. NO AGENCIES.To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.