Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform & range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, & insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes & drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners & Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC & is currently operating in several markets across the United States Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, & Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
As a critical early member of our dynamic & growing Legal team, you will head up the Legal Operations function at Quartet at as we look to rapidly grow our business domestically & prepare to launch new markets. You will support the General Counsel & other members of the Legal team on a broad range of legal & compliance matters & help improve processes as we scale. This is a great opportunity for a detailed & driven person to join a growing healthcare technology company & work in a generalist role with a wide range of legal & operational functions.
As Legal Operations Specialist, you will be a fully integrated member of the legal team. You will take lead on issues such as, but not limited to contract management, IP, licensure, & corporate filings. Responsibilities include creating responses to inquiries from clients & other third parties, assisting with the review & revision of policies, procedures & legal documents. As the third person on the legal team, you will own & build out legal operations for Quartet. Our ideal candidate is willing to wear multiple hats & work on projects of all types, big & small.
- Maintain the company's forms & guideline documents.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases & systems in order to pull & extract insights from data in making business decisions.
- Constantly help the legal team become more organized & efficient, through the implementation & management of ticketing systems, document management & filing systems & KPIs tracking.
- Track & respond to requests in a timely & organized manner while respecting competing timelines for both Legal & Privacy functions
- Serve as gatekeeper of document library & internal site containing policies & guidelines, & product updates
- Manage & maintain the company's contract database.
- Provide administrative support & assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Track & manage invoices from & coordinate with outside counsel.
- Support Quartets internal compliance & corporate governance
- Responsible for breach management & will act as the first point of escalation for privacy incidents
- Develop & maintain privacy dashboards, incident metrics & additional metrics that support the privacy program.
- Minimum 5+ years experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house company
- Strong analytical, proofreading, organizational, & research skills
- Proficient in Mac, Gmail, Google docs, Adobe & comfortable with technology.
- Experience in building operations & systems in an in-house legal department.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the healthcare industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, & development.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events & outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team & fostering an inclusive culture, & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace & encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, & other characteristics. Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests & job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account & routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: email@example.com.
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.