Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is the front page of the internet a vast network of communities that come to share & discuss the very best the Internet has to offer each day.
The Creator team is focused on helping creators grow their communities & make a living on Reddit. We are among the most innovative & forward-looking teams at the company & youll have a massive impact on day one.
Were looking for a world-class iOS engineer to help hundreds of thousands of creator communities thrive on Reddit. This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, & execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What youll do
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, & other engineering counterparts to execute on product & business strategy & build novel products & features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, & launch. Youll be reviewing code & design docs, giving feedback on product specs & mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, & motivated engineers. Set & define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, & help coach & mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn & improve your technical & non-technical abilities.
- Talk to creators & moderators about what products they want to see on Reddit.
What were looking for
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing user-facing IOS mobile native applications at scale, using Swift.
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages; Java, Python, Go, Rust, C++.
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, & the ability to design maintainable APIs is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks & keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, & biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things & thrive in ambiguity & even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment & discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about helping creators build community & make a living online.