Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Logistics Supervisor (Night Shift - Sortation) Job Description:
The Logistics Supervisor will provide on-shift direction & leadership & will be responsible for overseeing the logistics package sort operation. They will report directly to the Hub Manager/Associate Director for Logistics, be responsible for managing all Hub activities & volume, including the unloading, sorting, & allocation of freight for drivers. Safe operations of the Hub is of the utmost importance & the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for up to 20 Associates at any one time. The Logistics Supervisor also will be responsible for coverage for the Hub Manager/Associate Director when they are not onsite. The Logistics Supervisor will provide innovative & effective leadership, & cultivate a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization. The Logistics Supervisor must have availability to support night shift hours of 2am-12pm on a 4-day shift designated between Sunday-Saturday & general flexibility with shifts.
- Manage a team of Warehouse Associates to ensure quality standards & worker environment is safe & conducive to efficient operations
- Make operational decisions & ensure the safe operation of the facility
- Plan, apportion, & direct the work of Associates, to ensures that incoming volume is bound for the correct destination on time
- Communicate delays or any issues to the Hub Manager/Associate Director; quickly analyze & prioritize work to prevent failures
- Conduct team huddles, keeping employees informed of daily goals, upcoming events & maintaining an open line of communication to engage employees
- Provide coverage for the Hub Manager/Associate Director on nightshift, weekends, & holidays
- Perform some dispatching functions for drivers on weekends as coverage for the Hub Manager
- Monitor, analyze, & evaluate safety, productivity, cost, quality, on-time delivery, & other agreed KPIs
- Create a safety culture & ensure safe operations inside facilities & over the road
- Ensure the security of all HelloFresh assets (hub facilities, vehicles, inventory)
- Use HelloFresh tech & systems to manage operations
- Quickly action issues in the field & exercise sound judgment in resolving operational problems
- Coach & develop Associates to achieve strong performance metrics
- Build a strong workplace culture & relationships with all staff, delivering on retention goals
- Continuously monitor, evaluate, & make recommendations to improve (and implement new) processes & workflow in the hub, working with all parts of the organization to operate a lean facility
- Monitor & support growth & scaling of the hub within the Chicago area
- On the rare occasion, be willing to deliver delayed packages to customers
- Employees are expected to perform related duties assigned by management, which may be added, revised, or eliminated based on business & operational needs, with or without advance notice.
- An inclusive leader -- able to engage staff & bring out the best performance in a team
- Comfortable using computers & basic math skills
- A highly visible leader able to convey a clear vision, goals, & expectations & drive team alignment
- Sound in data-driven decision making that demonstrates originality, flexibility & resourcefulness
- Collaborative - enjoys working cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs
- Agile you thrive in fast-paced & dynamic environments, are comfortable working autonomously, & can handle ambiguity
- An excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity & precision both written & verbal
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience managing operations for fulfillment, supply chain, logistics, or transportation companies
- Ability to meet schedules/timelines as well as plan & organize own work. Must be able to reliably work alternative & flexible work schedules including nights, Sundays, & Holidays
- Demonstrated leadership experience motivating & encouraging others
- Basic proficiency in MS Office (Excel) or Google Suite
- Strong communication skills to set direction, convey updates on issues, operational status & business drivers during daily/weekly stand-ups & leadership reviews
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 50 lbs & participate in a highly physical job through standing, walking, crouching, pulling, & pushing. Ability to work in an environment that may be hot, cold, & noisy.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.