As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
New York Magazine & VOX Media are looking for a leader in customer experience to advise & establish strategies for scaling our internal & external support strategies, & drive our multi-year plan for expansion. Our goal is to leverage our customer service as one of the most valuable propositions we offer to our readers & subscribers, improving retention & increasing the overall satisfaction.
- The CX Director will advise & establish strategies for scaling Voxs internal & external customer support teams, & drive our multi-year plan for expansion.
- This is a hands-on role, requiring technical management focused on solving customer issues while simultaneously & rapidly scaling our Vox Medias internal & external support teams.
- Coach & manage the customer experience manager & agent team leads, & act as the highest level for escalation.
- Recruit & train team members to be confident & kind subject-matter experts to support the readers of New York and VOX.
- Consult with senior leadership across the organization to identify company priorities & optimizations to our support functions.
- Act as the definitive voice of the subscriber, leveraging customer support feedback & experience data to advocate for best practices in our product development & customer service operations.
- Ensure support teams operate in top compliance with PII data protection standards.
- Experience managing employees remotely is a plus.
- Ability to travel 2-3 times a year to offsite locations to train, manage & support customer agents.
Requirements/ About you:
- 5-6 years of experience in customer support, at least 3 years minimum experience running day-to-day operations & managing teams of personnel.
- This candidate will demonstrate known understanding of fulfillment operations, offsite management of support teams, & be experienced in vendor & agent onboarding.
- Develop & lead our support policies, processes & customer support system management with the goal of maximizing transparency for readers & subscribers.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.