See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Product Manager for Twilio Live.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to capture the industry momentum in interactive live streaming & establish Twilio as the developers first choice for their live streaming platform. We are looking for a seasoned, hands-on, technical product leader to define the vision & drive execution of the Twilio Live product development. This is a high-impact, high-velocity role in the exciting video & live streaming space.
In this role, youll:
- Define the long-term product vision for Twilio Live. Represent your product roadmap & business metrics to Twilios executives, customers, & to product teams across the company.
- Discover market opportunities by uncovering customer needs & leveraging market trends. Understand the problems customers are trying to solve & help them to be successful.
- Craft the developer experience by iterating on API mocks, creating UI wireframes, whiteboarding technical implementations & working closely with engineers on product solutions. Work with your teams to evolve existing services & define new ones.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, & vision can be communicated simply & effectively. Deliver product requirements documentation, developer facing documentation & marketing documentation.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have 8+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company.
- You have experience writing code - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a strong technical bent to communicate with our engineers & engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
- You have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment, overcoming obstacles & delivering customer value.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral. You can tailor your message based on the audience.
- You are data driven with strong analytical skills. You are familiar with business analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) or you are happy writing your own SQL.
- You have experience leading cross functional teams & know how to get the best out of your team.
- Experience with media communication technologies; real time audio & video, live streaming, or on-demand streaming video
- MBA or similar business qualification
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructures
This role will be based in Dublin or Remote-Ireland.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.