KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Katerra is redefining the multi-trillion dollar construction industry by bringing tech-centric innovation to Architecture & product design, construction, manufacturing, supply-chain & customer service. The team is a unique blend of talent from Google, Amazon, & Flextronics along with Construction Industry professionals. Katerras vision is to make leading edge buildings affordable & accessible to everyone in the world.
The maintenance/electrical technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including troubleshooting, repairing & maintaining production & facility equipment according to production schedules to support the sites business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to identify, maintain & troubleshoot PLC's, PLC components, Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, & standard electrical components.
- Hands-on experience with industrial electricity & troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, & 24VDC systems.
- Reasoning, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Prevent the downtime of machinery & mechanical equipment by completing scheduled preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, & production machines.
- Maintain Critical Spare Parts inventory; anticipating needed parts, & supplies; placing & expediting orders & verifying receipt.
- Assist with equipment installations & re-alignment.
- Construct, rebuild & repair equipment & facilities including various wood & metal structures & equipment using various fabrication techniques including welding.
- Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical & electrical schematics.
- Maintain & update equipment documentation, drawings & schematics.
- Read & interpret equipment manuals & work orders to perform required maintenance & service.
- Maintains safe & clean working environment by complying with Plant & Safety procedures, rules, & regulations.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills.
- Ability to interpret & understand policies & procedures & relate them to others.
- Able to work all shifts: first, second & third, including overtime to support a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week operation.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma/GED & completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education & production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is a plus.
- 5+ years of electrical troubleshooting & PLC/Automation experience
- Manufacturing experience; hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical & industrial skills.
- Ability to operate a lift truck.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member may be exposed to noise, wood products, plastics, lubricants, moving mechanical parts & vibration.
- This position is very active & requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling & climbing. Candidate must be able to physically perform these tasks, sometime for extended periods of time.
- Need to be able to access all levels & areas of the facility.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, verbal & presentation skills) & maintain a professional level of interaction with all members of the company to deliver accurate information.
- Must be computer literate & proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Windows OS & ERP Systems
On-site Cafeteria with meal allowance.
Highly competitive wages & benefits.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.