At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our Automation team is passionate, curious, & pragmatic. We work cross-functionally across multiple departments like IT, Engineering, Product, SRE, Security, Compliance & the Business. We denounce all manual processes & will always build with reproducibility & immutability in mind. Most importantly, we are a fun loving, comedic, & diverse team that tries to have as much enjoyment as possible in work & in life.
About the Job:
As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the organization wide SDLC & CI/CD process. You will help scale the technology & business which will drive us to an IPO. You will lead assigned projects, & be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives with proper estimation & documentation. Due to the nature of our technical ownership you must work collaboratively & positively with a can do attitude.
What You'll Do:
- You will help migrate our VM ware Java services to a Docker container cloud solution
- You will be comfortable crossing technical lines between application code to configuration management to system engineering.
- You will be responsible for implementing & updating tools to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers & own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce excellent technical specs & documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, & will identify opportunities for reducing toil & avoiding technical debt to reduce support & operations load on the team.
- 4+ years of experience in an Automation / Devops / Infrastructure role
- You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Java / Maven experience a must
- Cloud experience
- Docker & Kubernetes experience
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your teams roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise & clear.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos & culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, & dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.