Social Media Editor
Townsquare Media is looking for an internet culture-savvy editor to build up XXL's social media presence & develop its audience on social networks.
The ideal candidate must be obsessed with all things hip-hop and social media. They listen to Spotify's "Rap Caviar" playlist nonstop and are up to date on all the current news. This person is fully immersed in web culture & is an early adopter of current trends on social media in general, & within the hip-hop community. They have a proven track record of employing tactics to engage an audience on social media & tailoring content to a specific communitys demographics & values.
The role of the Social Media Editor will be to help oversee XXL's Facebook, Instagram & Twitter accounts, creating dozens of posts daily that engage the brands audience in an effective way that continually grows each platform.
- Analyze social media content performance daily, & identify top performing & underperforming content it is your responsibility to understand which content is resonating with XXL's current audience, & which content is helping to grow it
- Listen to the social media conversation in real time on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Reddit & the comments sections of XXLs posts to identify trending topics, memes & potential news angles that our brands need to take part in immediately
- Construct & maintain editorial calendars to keep track of relevant events in hip-hop that can be translated into social media content
- Design multiple pieces of social content in the form of story/feed graphics for Instagram, Twitter, TikTok & Facebook. Take popular meme themes & put your own spin on them the second they start to trend online. The perfect candidate for this role LIVES in Reddit threads, Twitter trends & knows exactly where the conversation is happening online.
- Research popular internet memes & conceptualize editorial angles for trending memes that would apply to XXLs audience
- Have experience & be comfortable on camera in both live & recorded settings, interacting with figures in the industry
- Understand XXLs tone & be able to execute it in real time
- Compose witty responses to each brands audiences Facebook comments & Twitter replies while maintaining the brand's voice
- A social media expert you know every detail about the features & capabilities of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Reddit
- Understand the science of creating incentive to engage with content online
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop)
- Obsessed with music & web culture a deep knowledge of hip-hop music and who those fans are is a necessity
- Ability to identify internet and social media trends instantly, & apply engagement tactics
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- And much more
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions & radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms & online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand & data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news & entertainment websites & apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.