WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
WeWork is seeking a collaborative, thoughtful & experienced HR Business Partner to support our Technology org. Reporting to the HR Leader for Technology the ideal candidate will have the ability to see the big picture people strategy needs, as well as anticipate & run more tactical organization & people needs. This role is based in NY & will need to work with clients & partners in SF, Seattle & Globally. This hands-on member of our People Team (HR) will exemplify teamwork & integrity. The successful incumbent will be a seasoned HR professional with broad experience who thrives in a highly dynamic, fast-growing environment, & capable of delivering quick results. The person in this role should be able to effectively engage & influence employees, managers, & leaders at all levels. HR Business Partnering experience within Tech industry & M&A experience would be highly valued for this role.
- Ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value, best-in-class (HR) support to internal customer groups (leadership team, managers & employees).
- Support the design, development, & execution of mission-critical People Team initiatives & projects (Talent Reviews, Performance Management, Recruiting strategy, Compensation reviews, Org Design, Workforce Planning & Design.)
- Establish & lead ongoing positive relationships with key partners, including Tech leadership team, HQ People COE Teams (Total Rewards, M&A, Learning) & other teams.
- Support & coach managers to address & resolve a wide variety of Employee Relations challenges & performance issues.
- Provide effective, thoughtful mentorship & feedback to build management & leadership capabilities.
- Implement consistency with our Company policies & procedures & participate in policy reviews, influencing where appropriate to improve employee experience.
- Be an authority & leader with vision in Tech industry standard methodologies around functional areas of new trends & opportunities to constantly raise the bar on HR deliverables.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, business administration or a related field is required.
- 7-10 years experience as a HRBP, preferably in a dynamic fast-growing technology/software business with proven success in a high-volume, fast-paced & hands-on environment.
- Familiarity with Employment Laws in NY & California
- PHR or SPHR Qualification is strongly preferred
- Masters in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is preferred
- Strong communication & relationship building skills to effectively support & connect with a team with varied strengths
- Genuine curiosity & strong desire to continuously learn, grow & develop others
- Well-developed analytical & influencing skills, unquestioned integrity & a confident presence.
- Ability to diagnose problems with critical thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Strong analytical capabilities & an ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention & employee experience
- Understanding & ability to be highly productive & influential in a matrixed management environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication; high quality document & report preparation