At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyft is also the country's leader in micro-mobility. We own and/or operate bikeshare in New York (Citi Bike), Chicago (Divvy), San Francisco (Bay Wheels), Portland (Biketown), Boston (BlueBikes), DC (Capital Bikeshare), & Minneapolis (Nice Ride) while providing scooter service in those & other major cities across the country. Our active fleet includes state-of-the-art electric bikes & scooters, services tens of millions of rides per year, & is rapidly growing. We also have a rapidly evolving Transit offering, giving riders the ability to plan Transit trips, getting access to real-time Transit information in nearly 20 markets across the US & Canada.
We are looking for a product manager who brings exceptional creative, strategic, & analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, & design to achieve the companys vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial & passionate Product Managers to innovate & execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company & industry from either the San Francisco Bay Area or New York.
Payments is an integral part of the overall Lyft experience, & that is especially true for Transit, Bikes, & Scooters. The ability to easily & enjoyably ride requires a frictionless payment experience. When it works well it feels like magic. When there are issues the entire riding experience can be negatively affected. Our Transit, Bikes, & Scooters Payments team is growing quickly, striving to deliver that magical, seamless payment experience for all of our riders, all the time. This work involves everything from tackling fraud issues, to integrating bleeding edge payment technologies, to defining the future of how we pay for goods & services. As the teams product leader, you would be responsible for driving our mobility payments vision, & strategy. You would own the teams roadmap, & be responsible for delivering products that enable frictionless payments, changing & improving how we get around.
The ideal candidate can navigate complex technical topics, strategic problem solving, & team development to deliver business impact. If youre driven, collaborative, resourceful, & can communicate complex ideas with ease, then wed like to talk to you.
- Understand Lyft's strategic & competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics & roadmap to align with Lyft's mission & drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research & usability studies
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth & maintenance
- Lead & align cross functional partners & teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners & operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments & decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Serve as a champion of our riders & their need for frictionless payments experiences at all levels of the company
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage ambiguity, complexity & interdependencies in an organized & structured way. You are able to define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Experience in the customer discovery & product requirement development process
- 4+ years of experience in product management, product development or equivalent consultant experience.
- Passion for Lyft & what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Excellent judgment & thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Ability to conceptualize, manage & prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills balancing multiple projects, deadlines, & requests should be second nature to you
- Strong communication skills & intuition for communication strategy at every level within teams, within the company, to users, to press, & other audiences
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.