Lead a team. Develop Strategies. Drive Growth.
CB Insights is looking for a skilled Associate, VP to help lead & develop our growing strategic accounts team.
The role you'll play:
The Associate VP of Strategic Accounts is responsible for the overall success of some of our largest customers & should have extensive experience selling into & managing relationships of large enterprise organizations (over 10,000 employees). This person is specifically responsible for managing a team of 6 Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) & improving upon current Account Management practices to impact overall portfolio growth. They will develop strategies & drive the team of SAMs dedicated to the customers' success. The position is based out of New York City & will require customer travel once appropriate.
About the Customer Success Team:
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them solve, & our team's diversity.
Every day our team speaks with the best & brightest people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends. Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of that equation.
The uniqueness of the CS Team is driven by our groups diversity. You can look around & you'll find very few people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, & success.
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
Your Main Tasks:
- Lead team of six Strategic Account Managers & corresponding account strategies to achieve net growth of the strategic customer segment.
- In partnership with the go to market team, support ideation & development of best practices in account retention & expansion of the strategic segment.
- Support SAMs in their tackling of difficult contractual negotiations with enterprise organizations
- Be knowledgeable of enterprise account management best practices & challenging procurement procedures
- Leverage your extensive experience to spread knowledge to the team on enterprise selling best practices
- Recruit & hire new talent for the team as required.
- Maintain best practices for our team across all aspects of the customer lifecycle
- Motivate a team of high performers to perform above their already significant results
- Create & develop & organizational plan for growth in the future
- Determine enablement needs specific to the strategic accounts team.
- Partner & provide guidance for refinement of the SAM compensation model.
- Collaborate & manage relationships with Strategic AEs
What you bring to the table:
- Ten (10) years experience in growth based account management. This experience must include maintaining relationships with accounts generating over one million dollars in revenue.
- 2+ years managing a team
- Preferred knowledge of corporate innovation, strategy, venture or M&A
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written, verbal, & presentation skills required.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!