At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprisesincluding the largest internet platformsfrom sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look & act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, & commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. Its an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, & keep it human.
The Data Platform team is responsible for the primary organs & arteries of our system. The teams mission is to consistently deliver a world-class data platform that enables our security researchers, threat intel analysts, & data scientists to quickly & reliably detect malicious non-human activity. You will be solving a wide range of problems from finding more efficient ways to research sophisticated botnets to delivering only the most critical & impactful insights to our customers as fast as possible so they can take action.
By joining the Data Platform team at White Ops, you will gain a deep understanding of how our products & services work all the way from signal collection to customer reports & are able to make a major impact on cleaning up the internet. You will oversee the evolution of a platform that will grow in scale by 100x (current volume is over 1 PB) to 1000x, ensure that our data can never be used for ill by anyone (e.g. privacy & security are at the core of the system design), & incorporate the latest ML & fraud research techniques.
What you'll do:
- Work with the team, product management, executive stakeholders, & your team to define a vision & plan for the Data Platform team.
- Establish clear OKRs for the team
- Understand organizational strategy & goals & help the team understand decision criteria so they can make prioritization decisions for their sprints & day to day work
- Participate in strategic debates & decision making across the company
- Use your experience to help the team with critical architectural & delivery decisions
- Establish a DevOps culture with the appropriate observability, operational processes, & engineering practices for the team
- Hire & develop technical talent
- Build a healthy succession bench & foster a culture consistent with our brand, organizational values, user/customer focus, & passion for the web.
Who you are:
- Have experience with high scale platforms
- Understand multiple Agile processes & applies them appropriately to help the team (not just focused on Scrum or Spiral or something else)
- You understand that DevOps is a culture & way of thinking
- You are a servant leader - you understand that you are here to serve the team & make them successful
- You reason from first principles & evaluate options rigorously
- You lead by example
- You are open, collaborative, & transparent in how you work
- You have both breadth & depth of software engineering expertise
- You have excellent verbal & written language skills, especially when talking about code & systems
These are some additional skills that the team has developed & use regularly but are not required for new hires (other than a burning desire to learn them when needed):
- Have experience with bleeding-edge data platform & business intelligence capabilities
- Understand machine learning techniques & models
- Have a cybersecurity background
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, & career growth. We are doing meaningful work & we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor & Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, & London.