We believe that the key to unlocking innovation in drug discovery & drug commercialization is to reduce the time & cost of the drug development process. We solve this problem by building Vants nimble, entrepreneurial biotech companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning economic incentives, & deploying technology to drive greater efficiency in pharma R&D & commercialization. Since 2014, Roivant has scaled its production of new Vants, with 14 Vants fully built to date & additional Vants under construction. The goal of our model is to ensure that important medicines rapidly reach patients who suffer from serious diseases.
We focus on disease areas where the magnitude of R&D investment from industry is disproportionately low relative to societal medical needs. We also launch new Vants to directly improve the process of developing & commercializing new medicines.
About This Role:
We are looking for a highly passionate, analytically-driven, operational finance professional to join our Finance team. This role will serve as a key driver for our procurement & financial operations unit, playing an instrumental role in strategic decision-making, guiding key business processes, & achieving growth & profitability at a scale few businesses have ever achieved.
This role will balance multiple projects at once & directly manage procurement functions. To succeed in this role, you must have strong leadership, communication & relationship skills as well as strong problem solving & analytical skills.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage ongoing procurement operations including vendor master & purchase order management
- Implement process improvements to current operations
- Analyze & publish metrics on current procurement operations
- Collaborate with internal business groups, AP, Accounting, & IT to manage data analysis & reporting
- Manage client accounts, including billing & payments
- Set up purchase orders & create new vendors for the internal business groups
- Manage the purchase order administration function, including training & process improvements in line with the global P2P process
- Establish client value propositions that tie financial metrics to executives areas of focus & improve business operations
Coordination with Roivant Finance Team & Roivant Subsidiaries
- Collaborate with business units & leadership to set goals & develop procurement strategies
- Maintain effective communication between Roivant finance team & subsidiary finance teams to ensure concerns are communicated & resolved in a timely manner
- Develop design improvements & implement efficient internal procurement policy changes to improve business execution speed
- Work to troubleshoot any issues that arise related to procurement functions
- Work on other special projects as required
- Bachelors degree with at least 4 years experience in procurement, supply chain, or other related field
- Experience with leading design, deployment, & implementation of P2P related technologies
- Experience with vendor management & oversight
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in fast paced, start-up environments is preferred - able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape & tight deadlines
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
- Highly motivated & willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful & relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, & delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, & project planning skills, & demonstrating ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems & present recommendations & findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick & scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment & gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, & a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Excitement about the vision & mission of Roivant Sciences