At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The RevOps Market Insights team is uniquely positioned to be the strong connection between the RevOps Market Balance team & local markets, regularly generating & translating key insights into actionable recommendations that support decision-making & scalable growth. This team takes a strong data-driven approach to understand & identify how our business is performing at a regional & sub-regional level.
As a Senior Market Insights Analyst you will be responsible for analyzing large amounts of data, developing insights, & making recommendations on how we profitably grow & manage our markets while providing the best user experience. You will partner closely with the RevOps Market Balance team to provide market insights, nuances, develop operational plans, monitor marketplace conditions, & help inform resource deployments. These actionable recommendations will be both strategic as well as tactical, & influence how Lyft invests millions of dollars.
To be successful as a Market Insights Analyst, you have a strong background in analytics, think strategically, & evaluate challenging trade-offs. You will work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders both centralized & distributed, to understand whats happening in the market across riders, drivers, & marketplace balance.
- Monitor, diagnose, & analyze regional & marketplace trends, providing cross-functional stakeholders with actionable insights that help us achieve our strategic goals
- Leverage market health diagnostics work to make informed recommendations that can be synthesized into plans, processes, and/or playbooks
- Present findings, recommendations, & results to cross-functional counterparts & senior leadership
- Develop, manage, & facilitate deep relationships with Field Leadership to ensure strong 2-way communication, transparency, & cross-collaboration
- Identify gaps & opportunities to improve passenger & driver experience
- Support both short & long-term strategic planning for regions
- 4+ years experience in an analytics role or equivalent
- B.S. in economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative fields, M.S. preferred
- Comfortable working with very large data sets
- Expert SQL experience
- Experience with data visualization & BI tools like Tableau
- Strong oral & written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.