OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. Theyre looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (lets call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in todays new era, its all about relationships. More & more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo & author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Workplace Resources is a highly trusted team, responsible for providing an incredible experience for our ZEOs. We create & support offices that look good, initiatives that feel good, & programs that do good for Zuora & our community. As a lean team of creative & innovative workplace champions, we work closely to understand the needs of our ever evolving workforce so we can continue to drive collaboration, promote learning, & nurture our ZEO culture across our offices. Having recently won our internal Z-Awesome awards for our new HQ build-out, theres no shortage of energy & drive with this team!
As an Office Manager in our Headquarters in Redwood City, you are essential to the operation of a friendly, customer-focused, & professional office, currently home to over 300 ZEOs. You will join forces with another local team member to maintain the office environment & perform a wide variety of tasks to ensure the office remains running smoothly, is organized, & that everyone has what they need to be successful in their roles. Additionally, you will team up with our other Office Managers around the globe to come up with events & activities that are engaging & energizing to the organization.
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
Theres never been a more interesting & critical time for the Workplace Resources team at Zuora. As we prepare to re-enter our offices & envision the new working landscape, there are exciting opportunities to evolve our workspaces & create new opportunities for connection among our ZEOs . This is an opportunity to collaborate with an awesome team & work cross-functionally to keep our ZEOs energized & successful.
HOW YOULL CONTRIBUTE
Support employees & visitors
- Greet & direct visitors in a professional, friendly, & hospitable manner
- Listen to the needs of our ZEOs both through formal meetings & informal conversations
- Oversee on-site employee attendance
- Assist with employee desk moves & maintenance; keep record of employee seating
- Play a key role in onboarding & offboarding of employees
- Manage incoming requests & questions using a ticketing system
Enhance the energy & connection of employees
- Help organize and/or support company events, both virtually & in-person
- Work collaboratively within the rest of the Workplace Resources team & with cross-functional groups on engagement related projects
- Develop new & impactful project ideas to enhance the experience of our ZEOs
Maintain a safe, clean, & organized office
- Take pride in the appearance of the office & make it friendly for our employees & guests
- Ensure Covid-related safety measures are in place
- Maintain adequately stocked kitchens & office supplies, restock paper & copy machine products, & general upkeep of office equipment
- Manage weekly snack ordering & budgeting with our vendors
- Order meals for the office when required
- Ensure conference rooms are clean, functional & presentable
- Manage shipping & receiving for the office & retrieve, sort & distribute incoming mail
- Assist & supervise with executing facility improvement projects including furniture modifications & setups
- Communicate with building management for any facilities needs
- Respond to building emergencies & be a member of the emergency response team
- Manage relationships & services with various vendors
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Strong interpersonal skills, supported by excellent, written & oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people & levels of management
- Proven ability to be resourceful in solving problems
- Extremely proactive with a strong willingness to get involved in discussions & projects
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish
- Can think creatively & out of the box
- Ability to work independently & to define & solve problems, set priorities, & propose solutions effectively with minimal direction or guidance
- Must be customer service oriented
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness to try new things
- Demonstrated ability to work & multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment
- Able to prioritize workload & work under pressure with a high level of proficiency & initiative
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Chrome, Outlook) & G Suite Apps
- Ability to learn new software programs; familiarity with Zoom (or other VC systems) preferred
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, & play an essential role in an exciting & growing company
- Ability to lift 15 - 20 pounds
- Bachelors degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required
- Three years related experience
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR ZEO CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing & revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, & Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered & supported to be the ZEO of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion & belonging into our processes, policies & culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, & APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health & give back to our communities along with career cash & plenty of learning & development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be & do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, & considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.