Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for an experienced Controller to lead the accounting & operations function, partner closely with our senior leadership team, & play a significant role in RGGs long term growth.
As the VP, Controller, you will ensure that Rue Gilt Groupe has the systems, people, & procedures in place to support an effective internal controls implementation & external financial audits process for planned growth of the business.
You will lead & support 3 direct reports with oversight of their direct reports, a total team of 20 Associates.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & develop accounting capabilities including general ledger, inventory, fixed assets, revenue/accounts receivable, payroll, treasury/cash management & accounts payable
- Oversee monthly close process & ensure timely & accurate completion of all tasks with attention to reporting, & operating expense accruals as well as monthly trial balance & quarterly account reconciliations
- Coordinate & lead the annual audit process to ensure both timely completion & accuracy
- Oversee end-to-end accounts payable, trade & non-trade
- Provide expertise on financial reporting, expense processes, treasury, tax, & compliance matters
- Develop & maintain a best in practice internal control environment & collaborate across the organization for effective adherence of controls
- Establish & maintain formal accounting policies, practices, & procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings including sales taxes & marketplace facilitator taxes
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility
- Influence collaboration & communication across all departments
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you dont check off every qualification in the job description, thats okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We cant wait to learn more about you.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- CPA license required, MBA a plus
- Ownership across a variety of accounting functions (GL, inventory, fixed assets, revenue, AP/AR, payroll, treasury/cash management as a Controller or Assistant Controller in a public tech and/or retail/e-commerce company; Big 4 Audit firm experience ideal
- Experience leading the relationship with external auditors
- Strong GAAP, analytical, technical accounting, & financial reporting technical skills
- Systems power user & a high skill level in medium to large ERP system (e.g. Peoplesoft)
- Demonstrated ability to influence change with senior leadership, manage complex problems & present recommendations & findings in a clear, concise format
- Leads with active listening & coaching, not afraid to get in the weeds, & fosters an inclusive team culture embracing RGGs values: Kind, Tenacious, Empowered, Innovative, Collaborative, Passionate.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.