Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a senior content strategist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience designing a variety of content types across the customer journey, from feature pages to navigation menus to interface copy. Youll work closely with our writers & designers to create compelling, useful content for small business marketers, with an eye toward scaling content strategy as a discipline.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with marketing, research, design, & product teams to understand requirements, identify users content needs, & align on business goals.
- Assess content discovery & planning needs, ensuring the right content activities are prioritized & executed on cross-functional teams.
- Align other content practitioners to create cohesive content experiences, including messaging strategy & voice & tone, across the customer journey.
- Embed on cross-functional teams as a dedicated content strategist for short-term engagements & provide support to unstaffed teams through office hours & training.
- Develop & communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, sitemaps & taxonomies, traffic analyses, etc.
- Facilitate content critiques, lead workshops on topics like content design best practices & brand voice, & advise partners on content execution.
- Create tools, guides, & templates to empower colleagues to create their own great content.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience as a content strategist, writer or related position
- You have the ability to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, & human
- You have an understanding of user experience & content optimization principles across channels (web, email, & social media) & devices
- You have experience working with content management systems
- You have strong communication, collaboration, & problem-solving abilities
- You have knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platform
- You have experience in a product-focused environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.