Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing & on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new & existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until its safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts & Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audiencepeople on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, & everything in betweenhas begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts & use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customer organizations, Mode is the central place where data experts & domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
Mode is building advanced analytics software to enable organizations to make great decisions from their data. A foundational part of this is being able to connect to & interface with a wide variety of datastores. We're looking for someone to own the connectivity layer of Mode as it is today & develop the technical roadmap in concert with engineering leadership.
What you'll do
- Own & help manage the processes that help to maintain the connectivity to over 30 databases like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Databricks, & more
- Partner with Customer Success & Support in conversations with customers to understand their needs, gather detailed feedback, & ensure that product direction is in alignment with their use cases
- Identify opportunities to expand Modes connectivity
- Manage programs & projects to ensure smooth execution of the connectivity roadmap
What we look for
- Technical proficiency using database technologies, specifically experience in 2 or more SQL dialects
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
- A professional background in one or more of data analytics, database administration (DBA), support or solutions engineering, software development
- Careful & flexible thought on prioritization, tradeoffs, & the user experience of data analysts
- Alignment with Modes values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work schedules we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.