Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
Yext is seeking a Vice President, Compensation & Benefits to provide strategic oversight & guidance for the companys approach to global rewards. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP will develop & implement global compensation programs including salary, variable cash, & equity plans, as well as global benefits & wellness programs, mobility, & HR administration.
The VP, Compensation & Benefits should possess senior-level experience developing & administering compensation programs for organizations with complex & matrixed structures. Ideal candidates will have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with a combination of deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, & a passion to create programs that contribute to the growth of great company culture. As a champion for workplace excellence that puts people first, the ideal candidate will have robust management experience having directly built, managed, & coached a team.
Executive Compensation & Governance
- Align with leadership, CPO & the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on strategic plans for Executive Compensation
- Coordinate preparation of executive compensation disclosure information required in Compensation Discussion & Analysis in a Proxy & assist in the preparation of communication materials for Compensation Committee & Board of Directors meetings
- In partnership with legal counsel, ensure efficient & timely filing of all legally required documents & forms
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Oversee the design & administration of stock compensation plans with a focus on retention & meaningful rewards, balanced with fiduciary responsibility
General Employee Compensation Process & Policies
- Review current compensation programs; lead the proposal, development, & implementation of necessary changes to align with Yexts growing, global business
- Lead successful annual compensation planning including but not limited to execution of base salary, bonus, commission, awards, & all related communications & administration
- Provide thought leadership to business units on compensation issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements, & compensation structure
- In partnership with HR & Finance, establish compensation budgets & guidelines for global locations
- Establish & maintain alignment between performance management & succession planning processes & pay programs
- Design commission, sales incentive, & other variable compensation plans as required for changing business demands & operating models
Global Benefits Programs
- Lead the design, annual planning & implementation of the companys global benefit programs, including health & welfare, 401(k)/retirement, voluntary benefits & wellness initiatives
- Establish standard policies for administration & communication of all benefit programs
- Oversee Retirement Committee (401(k)) meetings & appropriate documentation of decisions & plan changes adopted
HR Operations & Administration
- Partner with global Payroll functions for effective administration between Finance & HR; evaluate long term solution for Payroll administration
- Serve as a key participant in cross-functional team assessing & integrating companies related to acquisition activity
- Evaluate & negotiate financial agreements (e.g., contracts, purchases, vendor services) that impact compensation, & benefits
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in compensation & benefits with a focus on innovative, fast-growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA or advanced certification (CCP, CBP, CEP or SPHR)
- Direct experience overseeing compensation, benefits, stock administration, HRIS, & mobility not required, but familiarity with one or more of the above functions strongly favored
- Must be comfortable as a hands-on player/coach; the team is lean, & the work pace is fast; a high sense of urgency & results-orientation required
- Leadership experience in a global company; experience working with best practices & knowledgeable of industry trends
- Proven experience of working closely with Board of Directors Compensation Committee on all matters related to BOD & Executive Compensation in a public company, including overall competitive compensation positioning, short & long-term incentive design, equity management, SEC regulations, executive agreement design, & compliance. Demonstrated ability to prepare & present materials in a clear & concise manner
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program & systems design, legal & tax & financial implications of all compensation elements (base, bonus, & equity), globally
- Extensive technical knowledge of all aspects of compensation & benefits globally
- Experience in leading large scale projects with heavy change management requirements
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency & is energized by speed, with the ability & willingness to roll up ones sleeves & dive deep
- Ability to develop & maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; a consultative & collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Extraordinary communication skills both oral & written
- Creative state of the art thinking & practices in compensation, & benefits
- Prior experience leading multi-function teams with multiple direct reports of varying levels
- Must be able to travel as needed 20-25%
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.