Expanse helps IT operations & security teams discover, manage, & secure all of their global internet assets. Current Expanse customers comprise more than 10 percent of the routable internet & they use the company's platform to monitor for real-time changes to their infrastructure. Using leading-edge collection & analysis technology, Expanse improves organizations' visibility, governance, & IT operations, reducing risk associated with internet-connected assets & enabling a secure digital transformation. Founded in 2012, Expanse is headquartered in San Francisco & is now backed by more than $135M in funding.
Expanse is expanding rapidly & were looking for a Software Engineer to join our new, growing engineering team on the East Coast.
You will take responsibility for developing features from end-to-end. You will collaborate with your team to make decisions about design patterns, agile development practices, & technical debt.Your work will be critical to helping define & secure the perimeters of the world's largest & most important organizations.
This role can be based in our offices in New York or Atlanta. There is occasional travel to our headquarters in San Francisco.
What Youll Do
- Collaborate with your team to implement features & reduce technical debt
- Drive projects to completion & support your work in production
- You have experience as a professional software engineer
- You are comfortable with Java or Python
- You are comfortable with React, AngularJS, or similar modern frontend frameworks
- You have experience writing robust feature, unit, & performance test suites
- Not required: experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Kibana, or similar is a plus
- Not required:experience with Docker & Kubernetes is a plus
- Not required: knowledge of AWS or GCP is a plus
- Not required: familiarity with Dataflow, Beam, Spark, or other similar concepts is a plus
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, & workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses & other activities
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Stocked kitchen + lunch stipend
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, & offsites
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.