SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Our diversity is our strength. The SoundCloud internship program is designed to discover new, diverse talent & develop future leaders who will drive our organization to continue to lead whats next in music.
We will provide our interns with valuable opportunities to strengthen their skills, contribute to our mission, & prepare them for a full time role.
We believe that investing in the next generation of talent will help us nurture innovative talent; who are brave, have integrity, & will embrace the challenge.
SoundCloud is looking for a talented & motivated software engineering intern with a passion for music to join our team. In this role, you will work alongside experienced software engineers & data scientists to develop software solutions for the music industry utilizing your skills in programming, data analysis, & machine learning, but most importantly your love of music.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to develop & implement software solutions for the music industry, such as music recommendation engines, audio processing tools, & music data analytics platforms.
- Work with the data science team to analyze large datasets of music-related information, identifying trends, patterns, & correlations that can inform product development.
- Use machine learning techniques to extract insights from music data, such as song metadata, audio features, & user listening habits.
- Assist with churn analysis projects to identify & predict customer behavior, such as identifying users who are likely to churn or understanding why users churn.
- Participate in team meetings & discussions, sharing your ideas & insights to help drive innovation in the music industry.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research & trends in machine learning, data analysis, & music technology.
- Complete assigned projects & tasks on time, meeting all project requirements & deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with the team, providing updates on project progress & asking for assistance as needed.
Who You Are
- Currently a student or recent graduate from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field (Graduation date between Dec 2022 - May 2024 preferred)
- Have basic knowledge of data analysis & visualization tools such as Pandas, NumPy, or Tableau.
- Passionate about music & have an interest in the music industry.
- A good problem-solver with a willingness to learn new skills & technologies.
- Possess good communication skills & the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Internship applications must be submitted by April 9th, 2023.
The summer internship program will be 10-weeks from June 5th, 2023 - August 11th, 2023. This is a full-time internship.
The salary for interns based out of our US locations will be $6500 paid over the course of the 10-weeks.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective & experience is respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops & enrichment opportunities
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead whats next in music by understanding & empowering our creators & fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, & strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully & thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans & SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting & promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.