Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce & supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves experimenting to improve the user journey & making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
We are looking for a Squad Lead to help architect & implement solutions, lead developers, & write beautiful code. You will strive to achieve company goals & collaborate with local & international teams to find the best solution possible. As a member of our North America team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers, who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, & have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
You will ...
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, & operations of the applications that you develop
- Lead a small team of engineers (4-7) as a line manager: supervising day-to-day technical tasks, as well as mentoring/growing engineering skill set within your team
- Create & execute programs to help individual career progressions
- Be an active, solution-oriented leader & member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture
- A hands-on technical leader who is equally comfortable with people management & architecture
- Eager to contribute in a global tech ecosystem, engaging with millions of satisfied customers every week
- Comfortable mentoring up-and-coming engineers
- Rolling up your sleeves & jumping into problem spaces beyond your own team/squad
At a minimum, you have...
- A bachelors degree
- 6+ years of experience on a agile software development team, preferably in a lead or senior role for at least 2+ years
- Hands-on experience in developing & releasing microservices, distributed system, and/or large-scale solutions
- 4+ years experience in a current service-oriented programming language, such as Golang (preferred), Java, Python, or NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB), with demonstrable ability to write & execute effective queries
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.